The Crazy Crew

The Crazy Crew

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Here I am, almost at the end of day 2 of our new year, still working on my resolutions. I have reviewed last year’s list o’ resolutions and I actually accomplished two, I think . . . out of 16-ish. One I accomplished by working toward it all year. The second one happened when I ran out of money right at the end of the year, but I am still taking credit as accomplishing a resolution. Now, the one that I have accomplished due to my due diligence all year was reading 24 books. I had finished school the previous November so figured two books a month would be no problem. I actually came in at 25 books so I felt good! I had finally completed one New Year’s resolution!! Yippie!! The second one was to do away with smoking for good. No more beer and socializing smokes . . . at nearly $8 a pack, and being a lousy smoker anyway, this was a habit that had to go. Therefore, 6 days before the year ended the smoking ceased and resolution #2 was realized. Ta-da! This still left 14 very important things on a list of life changes I wanted to make that weren’t even touched. Not Ta-da.

For years and years I have made lists of resolutions that were basically the same, lose weight, exercise, eat better, don’t smoke, be more patient with my family, eat out less, save more money, budget, reduce debt, and all the great things that I really wish I would have done year after year. I never accomplished any of them. (Exhausting just to read them.) However, 2009 I accomplished two so now I am really serious about what goes on the 2010 list. I am on a “resolutions do come true” roll. What if 2010 is the year I actually accomplish three of 16? I want these suckers to be good. My resolutions are like eggs hanging around in the uterus of the world waiting and hoping that sometime, over the 365 days of 2010, some crazy “resolution sperm” will fertilize a few and we can make some magic! What will be on the list? I have a feeling there will be one that has been on every other year’s list . . . be thinner. This is the one I really want to happen . . . this is one that is going to take a lot of work . . . and this folks is probably the one you will hear me complaining about. The resolution that causes me to swear (due to lack of food and sore muscles), and in the end the one I will pray that the strongest resolution sperm swimmer gets to first so I can be sexy earlier in the year!

Now what will my 15 other resolutions for 2010 be?

No comments:

Post a Comment