The Crazy Crew

The Crazy Crew

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day Crazy Came Back

Well here it is . . . my first blogging attempt. I have been debating for a while about setting up a blog and after posting on facebook today decided today was the day to start. The day after Christmas . . . 364 days until next Christmas. A whole year to work on living better, making better choices, and to create more meaning and substance in a life that to date has been more out of my control than I thought life could get. At 38 shouldn't I have the answers and know the path that I am taking? If I should then I have done a very poor job up to this point.

Now, I will admit in the last few months I have actually began taking steps to create something better for my life and my families well being. (Or maybe this is my mid-life crisis. Feel free to decide amongst yourselves.) After living in Idaho, within 45 minutes of my family since I was 6, I took a leap of faith and applied for, was offered, and accepted a job in Phoenix, Arizona. I got Alex (the daughter)dropped off at college, moved to Phoenix and was joined two months later by Lester (the husband), Moose (the dog) and Taz (the cat). Since then I have also completed faculty training and began teaching college courses. Will these steps all take me to the end results I am looking for? I have no idea. I do know that not doing all of these things would have left me in the same place I had been for years. Which, was not a place I could stay any longer without doctor prescribed medication and a lot of booze, which are both too expensive for my current financial situation.

What is all this getting to you ask? Again, I don't know . . . in a way I am hoping this blog helps to dig out why at 38 I tossed my entire life, as I knew it, up into the air and together we can all find out where the pieces fall and what it looks like on the other end.

364 days until next Christmas, a day that brings out a level of joy and happiness that at least for a day drives away the crazy. December 25th is always a calming day for me, no work, no real life, no worries. For one day I let go of all the stress and enjoy the feeling of family and peace. So, here I am on December 26, 2009, the crazy was creeping back in as the holiday faded away and I decide that I don't spend near enough time on the computer everyday at work, teaching, and facebooking so I better blog too! Hmmm . . . maybe a beer and a nap would have been a better option. Stay tuned, I can honestly say I have no clue what is going to happen from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment